8.14.2008

online again!

Today I'm writing from Labe, a big city in the Fouta Region of Guinea, and my future regional capital. We left this morning at 830 to begin our drive to Labe and after about 8 hours, we arrived to the current Fouta volunteers warm greetings. I'll be here tomorrow and then off to my village. The drive today was beautiful...the Fouta is lush and cool. I'm anxious to see more! It is also a nice break from training. Our "rest stop" was around noon for....rice and sauce! I'm beginning to really like it! My new favorite treat is the corn they grill on the coals. It reminds me of the corn we feed pigs and cows in the states, but it is delicious.

I hope this will be the longest noninternet stretch. I'll keep writing entries at home and then posting them when I get to the internet...that's why the dates are the way they are. THANK YOU for all of the emails and texts! The texts kept me sane! And I love hearing about what's happening back home. Keep 'em coming.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh ms.samek! i miss ya sooo much! i hope you are getting better at washing your hair because i would never be able to do that. actually i don't think i'd even be able to survive in africa, but i am so proud of you and wish you nothing but happiness! love and miss you
    <3 your FAVORITE advisee of 2007
    Christine

    ReplyDelete