1.04.2009

The Sunday Night before the First Monday of School after Vacation

If you're a teacher, you know how awful the Sunday night feeling is when you're going back after vacation. It isn't that we're not happy to be back to teaching, but there's just something about Sunday night that gives nightmares once you actually fall asleep. That feeling still exists here for me, although tomorrow I'll be traveling back to my village and not teaching again until Tuesday. I'm excited to be heading back to the village and get back into the swing of things. I was nervous about what was going to happen to Guinea, how the citizens would react to all of the change. Things are peaceful and Peace Corps feels that it is perfectly safe for us to continue in our work here.

I have two new stories here for you - one about weddings and one that I wrote after a day of travel. I now have a camera so hopefully next time, some photos of life in the village.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    Not sure what to say... but you are doing great things! Your writings about your life are awesome! You are missed.

    Thanks for the picture/message that you sent me!
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i share your back-to-school feelings, but we just had an extra long MLK weekend because of the sub-zero temps. Now I'm ready to go back, because I'm bored. Best wishes from all of our family for a safe and happy '09!

    ReplyDelete